Saturday, May 4, 2013

Soap and Vinegar Bathroom Cleaner

20120903-010306.jpgThis is the most popular cleaning rediscovery on the web, I think!  How did we lose the simple and natural methods of cleaning for harsh, expensive, toxic solutions?

from roxycraft.com
"“Tub Cleaner – vinegar and dish soap, no scrubbing! Heat 1/2C white vinegar in m’wave for 90 sec, pour int spray bottle. Add 1/2C BLUE Dawn dish soap. Shake gently to mix. Spray on surface, let it sit 1-2 hours. Just wipe it away then rinse with water. Should also take soap scum off shower doors!”


I used yellow generic soap, and it worked well.  I probably shouldn't have left it for 3+ hours, and should have more thickly sprayed, and rinsed and  dried it. I would need a double recipe.

August 27:
Pink mildew is on the caulking.  Used vinegar, sat for 10 minutes before scrub rinse with toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I greatly value thoughtful comments!! ~ Gabriela