This is going to need some adapting for GF and GAPS purposes.
Best Light Chicken Parmesan
adapted from The America's Test Kitchen HEALTHY Family Cookbook
To Brine Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts:
In a very large bowl, combine 2 quarts of cool water with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Stir until sugar and salt have dissolved into the water. Add in chicken breasts and submerge completely into liquid. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove breasts and pat dry. ( when using in recipes once brined, do not season with salt before cooking)
1 1/2 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
6 TBS. eggbeaters
6 ( 4 -ounce ) boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been brined and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
fresh ground black pepper
2 cups of 1 point+ per serving Marinara sauce of your choice ( such as Basic Tomato Sauce Two Ways ), warmed
3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Prepare large baking sheet by covering with foil and then positioning wire racks on top and spraying with cooking spray. Take out three pie dishes or similar containers for breading process.
2. In large nonstick skillet, preheat olive oil on med high. Add in panko, and stirring frequently, cook until golden brown. Take off heat and put in one of the pie dishes you took out for breading and allow to cool. Once cooled, mix in the Parmesan cheese.
3. In another pie dish, combine the flour and the garlic powder. Pour the eggbeaters into the third pie dish. To set up your breading station, place in this order, the flour, the eggbeaters and the panko/parmesan cheese mixture.
4. Season the chicken with the pepper. Bread each chicken breast starting with the flour, Shake off excess. Dip into the eggbeaters and then coat with the panko. Place on the prepared wire rack and repeat with remaining chicken. Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. ( or until chicken registers 150 -160 degrees F on instant read thermometer)
Remove chicken from oven, and top with 2 TBS of sauce and 2 TBS of mozzarella. Return to oven and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and the chicken registers 160 -165 degrees internally. ( 3 - 5 minutes) Garnish with basil and enjoy!