The following is from
31 Days to Simplified Menu Planning: How to Simplify Your Kitchen Flowseries.. Altered by me. I would estimate time it takes for each step, then schedule the job.
- Empty your pantry/fridge* space(s).
- Wipe down the empty shelves.
- Label shelves and any containers with categories: cans, bags, bulk, baking goods. Use whatever categories make sense to you.
- Take inventory:
and specialty ingredients on computer doc.
5. Put back.
*Extra for fridge/freezer:
- Defrost it (if needed) & wash it out.
- Label (even just with a Sharpie!) the shelves and drawers. (use masking tape tags)
- Make a plan to use up foods that have been in there long enough.