Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spinach+ sun dried tomatoes in creamy goat cheese pasta

from http://amygonecountry.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuesday-night-gourmet-goat.html

Spinach+ sun dried tomatoes in creamy goat cheese pasta
Pasta- I used whole wheat shell because A. its what I had and B. I like the way the sauce and the veggies stick to the shells.

Ingredients
EVOO
Garlic
Fresh Spinach
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Light Sour Cream
Goat Cheese aka Chevre
Pasta- whatever you like or have around- use whole wheat as a way to up the fiber factor!
S+P
Parmesan+Romano+Asiago Cheese blend

Instructions:

Boil Pasta ( I used 4 servings worth or in this case about half the box so we could have leftovers for lunch)
1. Heat EVOO ( about 3 Tbsps) in a skillet
2. Saute 2 Tsps of minced garlic about 15 sec. til aromatic.
3. Add spinach, 3/4 of a bag-or more.
4. Add S+P to taste
5. Add chopped  sun dried tomatoes. ( I love them so I used probably 10-12 tomatoes)

5. Add 3/4 cup of the hot pasta water to the spinach mix once the pasta is done cooking
6.  Add 1/2 cup -3/4 cup light sour cream  and 2 oz, or 2-3 tbsp worth ( sorry I eyeball everything)  creamy goat cheese to mixture.  Combine all and sprinkle with Parmesan.

All together this took about 20-25 minutes to put together. 2 pans and a cutting board to wash at the end and a yummy satisfying meal for a cool fall night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I greatly value thoughtful comments!! ~ Gabriela