Wednesday, May 28, 2014

15-Minute Tortellini Soup

Famous Healthy 15-Minute Tortellini Soup

adapted from HarvardHomemaker.com    Get a printable version of this recipe here.

1 T. olive oil
2-3 t. jarred minced garlic (or to taste)
1/2 cup dry-tasting white wine (I have used all kinds; it always seems to turn out fine)
3 (15.75 oz) cans chicken broth (I use the healthiest kind)
2 (9 oz) packages three-cheese tortellini (I use Buitoni whole wheat most of the time)
1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 (6 oz) bag baby spinach (or regular leaf is fine)
1 T. butter
Parmesan cheese (optional on top)

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and saute garlic for 15  - 30 seconds.

 Stir in wine and broth, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.

Add tortellini and cook for 6 minutes. [My kind said cooks in 2 minutes, so I just moved onto the next step immediately.]

Stir in chopped tomatoes and spinach, and cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts (this doesn’t take long).

Add the pat of butter and serve immediately once it has melted. We like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

 It yields about 4 large servings. (A single recipe used to be enough to feed our two adults plus 3 small kids, but now that the baby is eating her fair share all ground up, I am doubling it.) I don’t recommend freezing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I greatly value thoughtful comments!! ~ Gabriela