I'm subbing this apple streusel/ crisp topping, copied below.
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted*
- 1 cup chopped apples (about 2 small)
- 3/4 cup ground sunflower seeds*
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted*
Combine all of the dry ingredients into container. (If you want to include the streusel, mix up the dry ingredients of that in a separate bowl, put in baggie, and place in the jar/container before closing).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin tins with paper liners (to prevent sticking you can further spray the liners with oil).
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and then add the pumpkin puree and honey, mixing well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the chopped apple chunks.
- Divide the batter equally among the 18 muffin tins.
- If making the optional streusel combine the dry ingredients with the
wet ingredients (it should resemble a sticky dough). Break the dough up
into little pieces and sprinkle over the muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 30-40 minutes (oven times may vary). The muffins will be done when the tops spring back when slightly touched and the streusel topping is a dark golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
3 large finely diced, fresh, organic apples (Quadruple: 12)
¼ tsp ground cinnamon (1)
1/2 cup of of pecans (or other nut), finely chopped (2)
1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract (4)
1 tbsp butter (4)
Cook the apples coated with the cinnamon in butter on low heat until soft. Remove from heat and add honey, vanilla, and pecans; mix.
Now you’re ready to put the muffin together. Add one spoonful of the muffin batter to the muffins cups. Take your finger and spread it out in the bottom of the muffin cup (she said to tap the pan, but my batter was to sticky). Next, add a spoonful of the apple crisp mixture. Top with another spoonful of batter, flatten the batter with your finger over top of the muffin. Top with remaining apple crisp mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until muffins are slightly brown around edges, knife comes out clean.
*Ingredient substitutions: You can use any kind of nut or seed flour in place of the almond flour to make this suitable for allergies. [Used]Ground chia meal would also work subbed in for the flaxseed in equal amounts. Instead of the honey maple syrup can be substituted...