Thursday, August 4, 2016

Birthday Season Coming!

August 27th is Astrid's birthday.

For her cake, I'm going to make a white cake (below) with butter cream or cream cheese frosting. If I have enough time, I'll try out this carrot cake.


For Shane and Elijah, I'll make Shane's favorite German Chocolate, though I don't think he's as attached to that kind as he used to be. I found a grain-free with honey version. We'll see what he thinks.

 Cake

4 eggs
5 tbsp coconut flour
5 tbsp almond flour
4 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
seeds from one vanilla pod (used 1 T. vanilla)

  1. Oven to 350°F. 
  2. Line two 8 inch spring-form pans (used one small) with parchment paper. In a large bowl cream the eggs with honey. Add the salt, flours mixed with baking powder and seeds from vanilla pod and mix until combined. Divide the mixture between prepared pans and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I greatly value thoughtful comments!! ~ Gabriela