I skimmed through all the comments, and learned:
- Organic is unneccesary.
- All coconut milk has to have water as an
- Amazon, www.azurestandard.com
- Natural Value is the only brand in BPA free cans.
- $1.50 per 14 oz. can is a deal.
DIY options that can cut cost and avoid cans:
- combining equal parts unsweetened, grated coconut and boiling water. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes and strain it into a mason jar. To thin it out I just pour more hot water through the strainer with the coconut.
- Organic Creamed Coconut. This comes in a solid block, which you mix with hot water
- frozen coconut milk from local Asian stores- might have preservatives
- Tropical Traditions has a coconut cream concentrate that they claim you can mix with water to replace coconut milk.